Indice del forum

Clan Friends Lineage2

Clan Friends Lineage2

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

follows the Cotswold Way
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Vorrei far parte del Clan
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
lasky1994

Interessi: ah
Impiego: ah

MessaggioInviato: Gio Dic 07, 2017 9:30 am    Oggetto:  follows the Cotswold Way
Descrizione:

ever go back?
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
A friend of mine recently said, “Life’s too short and there are too many great races to do the same ones twice.” But I nearly always want to repeat the event I’ve just finished. Not straight
away – that might hurt. But as post-event euphoria fades, I want it back, that exact same feeling.

A psychotherapist would probably also say I’m overly nostalgic – I’m always going back to things. I’ve lived in the Cotswolds twice. I’ve lived in Sydney twice. I did my A-levels twice. And at the end of September, despite my friend’s advice, I ran the Cotswold Way Century a second time.

The 102-mile ultramarathon follows the Cotswold Way National Trail, along
the limestone escarpment and through the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England and Wales, from Chipping Campden to Bath.

I love the idea that such a big adventure – and all
these beautiful hills, trails, hill forts and vast views – exists on my doorstep. And that something so brutal happens in an area invariably described as chocolate-box pretty. Hill-faring folk may see the region as a soft touch, but there’s 12,000ft (3,700m) of climbing on the route and only five miles of flat, estimates race director Kurt Dusterhoff.

A first 100 is an amazing feeling. However, in 2013 I placed third (in 21:29) and to get an equivalent high I had
to do better. I thought about the race every day for months. Now that I knew the route, and knew what 102 miles feels like, the second time would be even better. Wouldn’t it?
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Gio Dic 07, 2017 9:30 am    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Vorrei far parte del Clan Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a:  
Puoi inserire nuovi Topic in questo forum
Puoi rispondere ai Topic in questo forum